Friday, April 24, 2009

Le sigh

Today I visited with the devil and came out relatively unscathed, but puzzled and a bit peeved. I can only come to two conclusions; one: they ran out of Uhura figures, or two: none were ordered. Three different places, including Toys R Us, and none of them had an Uhura. Go figure! Maybe they think that this is such a "boy" orientated film and universe that they wouldn't want to have Uhura to complete the bleedin' crew! I mean, c'mon. It's not like she's Ensign Toast, or something like that. I even saw a Nero one (which was very cute, yay, Eric!) but I didn't want to buy the trio, Spock, Uhura, Nero, without Uhura. Man, I even saw two different sizes of "older" Spock. No communications officer and that's a crying shame. I suppose if I'm encouraged enough, I'll order her online. But, as of now, I'm not that motivated. If anything, I'll get a Nichelle version of Uhura.

Perhaps after the film next month, they'll be an influx of more items. But as of now, the pickings are pretty paltry.

On a lighter note, I did see an "Amok Time" action set with Spock and his purply sparkly sash and Kirk with his sliced open tunic. Fantastic. I was tempted, but I managed to wrest myself away from purchasing it. I was there for one thing and one thing only. Maybe next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment