Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Battling the evils of the throat

Is it the first of April already? Man, where is 2009 going all of a sudden? And, really, wasn't this a great time to get sick? I mean, wow, great timing when my vacation is in ohh... 4 days. Well, I fly out in four days, so officially it begins in 5 days. *sighs* Fortunately, and I say that through gritted teeth, I'm just experiencing a sore throat. A sore throat for 6 days now, jesus fucking christ. I finally went to have it checked out and everything seems fine, no fever, not strep and probably not mono. Could it have been all that singing I'd been doing a few days before it struck? Nah, would it have lasted this long if it was merely an irritation? Well, whatever it is, it is irritating! And I'm really doing my best not to get stressed out about the real possibility of having to contend with it while on holiday. I might go nuts if it lasts much longer. All the gargles, washes, vitamins, aspirin, nothing has put a dent in it... this sucker is here to stay. I did get some meds from the doctor, so let's hope that it takes care of things.

For now, I'm going to have some licorice tea, get in my jammies and watch some Mission Impossible. Wow, Paris has the BEST! hair. It's so thick and slithers all over the place at the slightest inclination. And to watch Leonard card his long fingers through his silky, sable strands to sweep it out of his face is like watching ballet. Hypnotic.

No comments:

Post a Comment